Friday, June 10, 2011

Home Improvement Week 1: An Update

At the end of last week, I created a daily rhythm for my family to follow beginning Monday.

It has now been 5 days that we have been working with our new routine.

It's been ok at best. Like I said in my original post, I am just terrible, really, really, terrible at following a schedule... or directions... or recipes. Terrible.

This is clearly going to be a work in progress.

Here is a quick play by play:

Monday:
FAIL-Aiden didn't want to go to school because he was tired and I couldn't think of a good reason for him not to stay home... so he did.
WIN- We spent all morning making a color wheel as a science experiment, then ate lunch, played in our little kiddie pool, and had a siesta.

Tuesday:
WIN- He went to school, so Evie and I had a baby playdate, then we had a big kid playdate at a friend's house.
FAIL- We stayed until 5 (!?) so no siesta, then we went to the park with Daddy, out to dinner, and went to bed late

Wednesday:
WIN- We stuck to our schedule!
FAIL- Dave came home and surprised Aiden by bringing him to a baseball game. They got home super late and Aiden was super tired the next day.

Thursday:
WIN- We stuck to our schedule! Hooray!

Friday:
Fridays just count as weekends in our house. Aiden is playing with Mimi and Grandad.

Is it that we're just too fun and spontaneous to have a rhythm? Is the rhythm in the chaos? Like I said, work in progress...

1 comment:

  1. I think it would be sad to miss a fun Daddy night at a baseball game for the sake of a schedule. I think it's more about knowing what to generally expect, and ordering things to set children up for success. Flexibility is a good thing :-)

    ReplyDelete