Monday, June 27, 2011

My Story

Recently, I read this post. It really hit me that this is it. This is our real life. And I'd like to take a couple of minutes to jot down my story just as it is today.

My story is staying up late drinking cheap wine and watching fireflies with my honey as we butcher all our favorite songs on our various stringed instruments.

My story is inviting everyone I know and love over to eat and play even though we're broke as joke with nothing to offer them. And there is plenty.

My story is blowing off everything and catching up with a friend over coffee, or sushi, or pasta, or pizza.

My story is holding a friend late at night and crying with her over what's not fair and wishing I could carry her sorrow for her... hoping that sharing in it will be enough.

My story is taking risks. Stretching my limits and coming up short most of the time. But, having friends that think I am totally awesome even in my failure.

My story is having enough love to go around, having a family to share my life with, and a crazy, unpredictable, unbelievable life it is.

What's your story?

1 comment:

  1. I think you really are awesome. Love to catch up on your blog when I can. Your children are blessed to have you. Your husband is super blessed to have you. And I am blessed to have met you. <3 Your Doula

    ReplyDelete